Happy Friday everyone!
It’s that time of year again when everyone starts reflecting on their achievements and failures of the year. Quite frankly 2017 hasn’t been a year to shout about, however it hasn’t been a terrible year either…. It’s just been meh! It’s been neither black nor white…. just grey.
The biggest challenge in 2017 was walking away from my full-time job at Farfetch with absolutely nothing in place or to fall back on! This was my first year since graduating University where I’ve been out of full-time work (yes this gal’s been working her ass off since 2010). Honestly some days I just did not know what to do with myself. I spent the first six months of the year being incredibly sociable, attending every blogging event possible, attending networking events, meeting new people, growing my contacts, going on too many pointless first dates etc. You get the jist! Anything that kept me busy, I would do it.
The second half of the year is when I finally put my thinking cap on and started strategizing. As much as I love my blog and cannot live without it, it’s far to unreliable to use it as a source of income (for the stage I’m at, at least) and there was no way I ever going to step foot into an office ever again! So I decided to start freelancing, whilst utilising my skills. I currently do wardrobe/closet organisation (yes you’ll be surprised how many people in London want their clothes organised and splash the cash to do it), I’ve also branched out into professional photography (I just completed my first wedding photoshoot three weeks ago). On another positive note my Instagram following grew dramatically in the second half of the year, along with my engagement (shout-out to my mum for her amazing photography skills!) and I even hit a whooping 20,000 followers on Instagram last week! Not forgetting my recent nomination for a UK blog award!
I’m not one to make new year resolutions because let’s face it they’re always broken within the first two weeks of January and it’s always the same pointless achievements e.g. go to the gym, eat healthy, yada yada yada. Seriously change the record! I prefer to make yearly personal goals that are unique to me and are realistically achievable.
Goals for 2018!
- To continue growing my online platforms, in particular my Instagram account. I want to give my YouTube channel a full on make-over and start creating weekly content on a strict time-table.
- To start incorporating dating topics onto my blog. I know it has nothing to do with fashion but I’m a self-confessed serial dater and I have the funniest experiences to share with you all. Plus it’s been requested a few times.
- Investing in my house. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m never moving out of my house and why would I? I live in one of the best and most sought-after postcodes in London! I want to do a massive re-haul of each room of my house starting by building an office for myself.
- Transition into a full-time blogger. This will undoubtedly be the toughest and most challenging goal of 2018 but I’m determined to do it! I’ve been doing this for three years strong and I have no intentions of giving up!
- Be happy! This sounds like an easy goal but it really isn’t. Everyone searches for happiness in his or her lives everyday and it’s a never-ending struggle. Ultimately everyone has different definitions of happiness but for me all I want is for my mother and I to be healthy, financially stable and content.
That being said I wish you all an amazing start to 2018; let’s continue to keep supporting one another and make all our dreams come true!