Summer is the only season of the year, which gives you the opportunity to create epic content! Of course if you live in a climate with no seasons at all then everyday is a great opportunity for content but for the rest of us the seasons can make it extremely challenging. This is currently my third summer as a blogger and I have learnt some valuable tips along the way, which I thought I would share with you today.
What I’m Wearing!
- Evenings are your new best friend – if you have a full time job (like 99% of people in the world, I’m still convinced this full-time blogging malarkey is a myth) then you need to start utilising your evenings to create content. I’ve only recently started to do this and I absolutely love it! Now that the sun sets around 9pm, I select one evening during the week (check the weather in advance and look for the best weather with the sunniest intervals) and when my mum and I return from work we go out locally and shoot photos for Instagram
- Experiment with your outfits – during the winter months I tend to get stuck in a rut when it comes to outfit ideas, you’ll probably find me in ankle boots and long coat (my winter stables) however summer gives you a chance to be more experimental with your style. I finally get to shoot all my beautiful heels and sandals, not to mention tons of beautiful printed summer dresses and let’s not forget the key summer accessory – statement sunglasses. Try your best to experiment with different prints, patterns, textures, materials and colours, summer is the season to be bold
- Enhance your shoot locations – Once again during the winter months, I tend to stick to my local area to shoot outfits, however summer gives you the opportunity to explore new places and locations around your city. There are tons of areas in London I want to shoot to get that epic shot including Westminster bridge, Millennium bridge, Alexandra Palace, Greenwich park etc and this summer I will finally get the chance to do it
- Attend as many events as possible – if you follow me on social media, you probably know I attend shit loads of events regardless of the season, however there’s nothing like attending back to back events on a hot summer’s day in Central London! I absolutely love it! The summer season is your time to shine and become a social butterfly! Your inbox will undoubtedly be full of invitations so make sure you make the most of the long summer days by attending as many events as possible to widen your list of contacts and develop new relationships with brands
- Travel Opportunities – no I’m not talking about going on non-stop press trips (let’s face it, most small bloggers don’t get these kind of opportunities) I’m talking about organising several mini trips throughout summer to enhance your content. I’m not suggesting you break the bank; there are loads of deals to take advantage of during the summer months, not to mention loads of bank holidays so you don’t have use up too much annual leave. Planning a few long weekend trips abroad can lead to some epic photo opportunities against famous landmarks or picturesque views, which can instantly transform and enhance your Instagram theme and blog content
I thought I should take a minute to briefly mention my brand new beautiful waterfall cardigan. I know what you’re thinking…why the hell are you styling knitwear in June? Well a) these photos were taken back in April, b) knitwear is needed twelve months a year in London, no joke! I really love the neutral tones and the way the fabric drapes at the front. It’s so comfy and cosy, definitely a good staple basic to add to your wardrobe and best of all it’s only £35! Get yours here!
I would love to hear what your favourite aspect of blogging during the summer is. Let me know in the comments.
Photography by Pistacho Photography.
Shop my Outfit!
Cardigan | Jane Norman
Top | Topshop
Jeans | Topshop
Boots | Office
Sunglasses | Ray-ban
Handbag | Chloé